- Software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”)
- Offline business interactions you have with us
Collectively, we refer to these Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, emails, and offline business interactions as the “Service."
If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for details on how we handle the Personal Information of California residents and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
1. Types of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including
- Contact information (addresses, names, telephone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, etc.)
- Account information (user IDs, passwords, etc.) pertaining to the Services
- Recruitment-related information (gender, date of birth, work history, academic history, qualifications, etc.)
- Employee information (organizational information, insurance numbers, health-related information, images, etc.)
- Information about business transactions (business partners' organizational information, bank account numbers, etc.)
2. Means of collecting
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including
・Through the Services
- We collect Personal Information through the Services when, for example, you sign up for the fan club or newsletter, register an account to access the Services, attend one of our events, contact customer service, or make a purchase.
・From other sources
- We obtain your Personal Information from other sources, for example, publicly available databases and our joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may become or that you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account. We refer to this as “social sharing.”
3. Purposes of Processing
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
・Providing the functions of the Services and fulfilling your requests
- To provide the functions of the Services to you, such as arranging access to your registered account or providing you with related customer services
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests when you contact us, such as using one of our online contact forms; when you send us questions, suggestions, or complaints; or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services
- To complete your transactions, verify your information, and provide you with other related customer services
- To send you administrative information, such as changes to our terms and conditions or policies
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services if you choose to do so
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with legal obligations.
・Sending you our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing-related emails with information about our services, new products, and other news about our Company
- To facilitate social sharing if you choose to use that function
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
・Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, with a view to improving our Services
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you
We will provide personalized services based on our legitimate interests, and with your consent to the extent required by the applicable laws.
・Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, auditions, and other projects involving application submission, including personnel recruitment
- To offer you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests, auditions, and other projects involving application submission, including personnel recruitment (Some of these projects involving application submission, including personnel recruitment, may have additional rules regarding how we use or disclose your Personal Information. Please read those additional rules before choosing to participate. )
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
・Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information (i.e., process Personal Information to make it non-personally identifiable information) so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data, which we may use or disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- We may create anonymously processed information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. The items included in anonymously processed information include age, gender, area of residence, and questionnaire responses.
- We will stipulate how to handle the anonymized processed information in our internal rules and ensure the proper handling of anonymized processed information.
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For data analysis: for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services
- For audits: to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes: for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft
- For developing new products and services
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures
- For identifying usage trends: for example, to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest to users
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users
- For operating and expanding our business activities: for example, to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so that we can focus our energies on catering to our users’ interests
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with legal obligations, and/or based on our legitimate interests.
4. Recipients of Disclosed
4-1. Recipients of Disclosed Personal Information
- We disclose Personal Information
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates here .
・To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
・To third party sponsors of contests and similar projects involving application submission
・By using the Services, you may be disclosing your Personal Information
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
4-2. Purposes of Use and Disclosure to Other than Those Listed Above
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially in cases of a legitimate interest or a legal obligation
・To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
・To cooperate with public and government authorities
- To respond to a request or provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
・To cooperate with law enforcement
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests or orders or provide information we believe to be important
・For other legal reasons
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, yours, or others
・In connection with a sale or business transaction
- When we have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stocks (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
5. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
5-1. Collection of Other Information
- We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including
・From your browser or device
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about use of the Services in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
- For more information on cookies, please see About Cookies
・Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
We may collect the physical location of your device using, for example, satellites, cell phone towers, or WiFi signals. Our Apps may collect device location data when they are running in the foreground or the background. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location. However, if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
5-2. Use and Disclosure of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under the applicable laws. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under the applicable laws, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information while it remains combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
7. User Options Pertaining to the Use and
Disclosure of Personal Information
We provide you with options pertaining to the use and disclosure of users' Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may take appropriate action as described below to prevent us from carrying out ("opt out" of) the following processing:
(1) Sending you marketing-related emails:
if you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in each of our marketing emails.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
8. Methods for Accessing, Changing,
and Deleting your Personal Information
To make a request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, or receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent that these rights are provided to you by the applicable laws), you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with the applicable laws.
Please be specific in your request, for example, by mentioning the specific changes to be made to your Personal Information, or specifically requesting the deletion of your Personal Information from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
For requests for disclosure of Personal Information and notification of the purpose of use by the Company, a fee of one thousand (1,000) yen (including tax) will be charged per request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a sales promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of said purchase or sales promotion).
9. Retention Period
We retain Personal Information for as long as required or permitted for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained, and consistent with the applicable laws.
The criteria used to determine our retention period include:
- The length of time for which we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations)
10. Services Provided by Third Parties
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
11. Third-Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
12. Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed at individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
13. Jurisdiction and
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country we have facilities in or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
14. Additional Information
Regarding the EEA
Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
15. Sensitive Information
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services.
16. Third-Party Payment Service
18. Contacting Us
Contact for Inquiries Concerning Personal Information at firstname.lastname@example.org
As email communications are not always secure, please refrain from including credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
19. Supplementary Information
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose about California residents. This section does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers, where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role with us.
19-1. Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from
- Our interactions with you, such as when you interact with our Websites or other online Services we provide, give us feedback, participate in any of our surveys, questionnaires, contests, or other projects requiring application submission, link your social media account to your account with us, or contact customer support
- Our related companies, affiliates, publicly available online sources, and joint business partners
19-2. Collection of Personal Information
We plan to collect, and have collected within the preceding 12 months, the following categories of Personal Information as listed in the CCPA
Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address, and other online identifiers
B.Customer Records Information:
Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records Law, such as name, contact information, medical information, insurance information, educational information, and employment information
C.Protected Class Information:
Age, gender, etc.
D.Online Use Information:
Including browsing histories and interactions with the Services
Geolocation data, such as device location and approximate location derived from IP address
Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photographs and audio and video recordings
Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer
Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences, behavior, or characteristics
19-3. Purposes of Use for Personal Information
We use these categories of Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our products and services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including using Personal Information to
- Respond to inquiries from you
- Plan, develop, improve, repair, and maintain our services
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis
- Establish and maintain user accounts and authenticate user identity
- Conduct contests, sweepstakes, promotions, research, and surveys
- Maintain our property and records, and undertake quality and safety assurance measures
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, and detect and prevent fraud
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations and record-keeping
- Carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures, or acquisitions
- Comply with laws, legal processes, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims
19-4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell, nor have we sold, Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA in the last 12 months.
We do not sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
19-5.Rights and Requests of Individuals
If you are a California resident, you may make the following requests:
(1) Request to Know
You may request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information
- (2) The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- (3) The business purposes for which we collected Personal Information about you
- (4) The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable)
(2) Request to Delete
You may request that we delete Personal Information we have collected from you.
To make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete, please contact us according to "18. Contacting Us." We will verify and respond to your request consistent with the applicable laws, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as name, email address, mailing address, and information regarding your previous interactions with us, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. You may make a request on behalf of a child who is under 13 years old if you are the child’s parent or legal guardian. If you make a Request to Delete, we may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your Personal Information.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Last updated: November 18, 2022